Thursday 29 October 2015









This picture is taken in pure candle light...










Hello fellow crafters....I am so excited...as this is my first entry for Prima PPP...and I have chosen to work on a candle that I handcrafted...for a long time I wanted to work on this candle and this month's Prima October Challenge gave me all  the reasons to alter this handmade candle of mine....infact I got inspired to create two projects...another one is the altered diary cover with all Prima products...I am posting both the projects in one entry because I am not sure if we can post more than one entry...


I wanted to combine my BAP and PPP together but because I want to design off the page , I decided to work on two different projects....and here is my candle and diary cover front and back done up with Prima products ..... I am posting pics of the products I used here as I received my preordered Prima goods just yesterday and I quickly tried to make these two projects...so couldn't really get time to write down all the products name...although I hope pictures are clear :) My two little angels were helping me around in their own cute little ways....my younger one is just 2 yrs and older one 5 yrs....its really appreciative they gave me all the time to shape my creation :)

Here is a link to Prima's Product Pick  PPP....

http://prima.typepad.com/prima/2015/10/ready-for-a-challenge.html#more




2015-October's-Prima-Picks


Also, I am inspired by the Dusty Attic's October Moodboard and have used their awesome chippies ...the natural light peeping through the bluish white waves inspired me to instill this moodboard on my candle with its natural light :)....here is the link to Dusty Attic's moodboard...




Please keep scrolling down to view the closeups of both my projects with different angles....:) 


 Prima's Products used here.....












Dusty Attic chippies...Columns n pots...



Elegant frames...


I started off by applying Light Paste on the outer side of the candle..covering it with random srokes with palette knife..







Covered it entirely...and let dry....have to be patient....since it is wax...can not heat dry it :)




I took a white mini netted cloth to wrap it here n there on candle wall to give a texture...


Here is a closer look of it...



I diecut a paper and stuck some crumpled tissue over it with light paste on it...which would be stuck on the candle...



Took out some prediecuts from my stash to form rich texture apart from stencilling...




Used Dusty attic's chippies...columns n pots...


Stuck it using texture paste...


Covered and cut the chippies with Prima Gesso and used copper micro beads..



After giving a coat of Heavy Prima Gesso I used Lindy's stamp gang and Prima color blooms to color spray the candle...



Used Prima stencils with texture paste...



Did the layout arrangement which took several trial n error steps but the outcome was good :) Made charms n embellishments using Prima papers n notepads using flakes,beads,embossing powders,glossy accents etc. Used some metal embellishments too...used these for both...candle and diary cover..





Did stamping also with various Prima stamps and chalk edgers....love the edgers :)




Used Prima Pick product...lovely flowers...:)



  

Lots of stamping n stenciling with color sprays n pastes...


Tried various arrangements...lot of playing around with products n layout...it was  tedious but I enjoyed every bit of it...had to keep my eyes wide open to keep away from sleeping...as it was midnite by then...:)






Loved the chalkboard paints...they r just wonderful to use...I loved using it directly from my finger tip...:)


The Prima copper metallic powder effect...





Garden Fable chippies are fantastic...colored them a little to match with the theme...


This text stamping is with Prima stamp and archival black ink.....


Now lots n lots of texturing..stenciling...coloring...embellishing...see the final look below :)

Please scroll down to take a look of lighted candle and diary with closer and different angles...:)


Close ups...








These pics are taken in candle light only....














 Top view...




Left view...

 Side right view...


















 Back part of the diary cover..

Thank u for stopping by....:)



7 comments:

  1. So creative and beautiful!!! Love it!! Thanks for joining in on the Dusty Attic Mood Board Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is beautiful! Thanks for playing along with Dusty Attic this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous project and really lovely result. It looks beautiful in the candle light, photographed like that, too:) Thanks so much for sharing with us at Dusty Attic this month:):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanx so much Lizzy for yr encouraging and appreciative words :)

    ReplyDelete